Update a CylanceGATEWAY Connector
You can check whether an update for the
CylanceGATEWAY Connectoror update for the virtual machine OS is available.
- If your environment has a new installation of theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorversion 2.9 or later (December 2023), you can update the connector using the upgrade DEB file and your configurations are retained.You cannot download the DEB file fromuntil the next release of themyAccountCylanceGATEWAY Connectorthat is currently scheduled to be released in early 2024.
- If you are running a version of the connector that is earlier than 2.9 or you want to perform a complete reinstallation, you must download the connector software for your environment, reinstall the virtual machine, and configure the connector as required. For instructions see Setting up the CylanceGATEWAY Connector.
Verify the version of the
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorthat is installed in the
Cylance Endpoint Securitymanagement console in Settings > Network > Private Network > Gateway Connectors.
- Checkto see whether a new version of themyAccountCylanceGATEWAY Connectorsoftware is available and perform one of the following actions:
- If newCylanceGATEWAY Connectorsoftware is available, complete step 2 for your environment.
- If no newCylanceGATEWAY Connectorsoftware update is available, check for aLinuxOS update.
- Complete one of the following tasks:EnvironmentStepsUpdate theCylanceGATEWAY Connector2.9 or laterYou cannot download the DEB file fromwith the next release of themyAccountCylanceGATEWAY Connectorthat is currently scheduled to be released in early 2024.
Install a newCylanceGATEWAY Connectorif your environment is running 2.8 or earlier or perform a complete reinstallation.
- Download the DEB version of theCylanceGATEWAY Connector.
- Copy the DEB package to the connector that you want to upgrade. If SSH is enabled, you can use SCP to copy the DEB package from any host with SSH access to the connector. For instructions, see Access the CylanceGATEWAY Connector using OpenSSH. Otherwise you can use SCP on the connector to copy the DEB package from any SSH-enabled host that can be reached by the connector.
- In the Unix console, typesudo apt install <.path>/cylance-gateway-connector-<version>.debFor example,sudo apt install /home/admin/cylance-gateway-connector-126.96.36.1996.deb
- Download theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorfor your environment. For example, if you want to install a new connector in yourvSphereenvironment, download the OVA file.
- Complete the steps to reinstall the virtual machine. For instructions see Setting up the CylanceGATEWAY Connector.
- For anyCylanceGATEWAY ConnectorshowingReboot required to apply OS updates and security fixesin theStatuscolumn, restart the virtual machine to finish installing the OS update.
CylanceGATEWAY Connectoris enrolled, but its tunnel is not connected to the
BlackBerry Infrastructure, you can initiate a connectivity test to verify whether the UDP packets that are sent from your private network have been received by the
BlackBerry Infrastructureand UDP packets that are sent from the
BlackBerry Infrastructureare received by your private network. At the login prompt of your environment (for example,
Enter. You can run this command in any shell (for example, csh and bash). For more information about the connectivity results, see UDP connectivity test responses.