Configure the CylanceGATEWAY Connector
You can complete various tasks in the
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorweb interface. If your network has multiple instances of the
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorinstalled and configured, the tasks must be completed on each
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorinstance in your environment as necessary. You can view the status of all the connectors in your environment on the Gateway Connectors page in the management console. You can view the status of each
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorin the web browser. For more information, see View details for an enrolled CylanceGATEWAY Connector
Verify that you have one or more
CylanceGATEWAY Connectorinstances deployed.
- In a web browser, navigate to the IP address of yourCylanceGATEWAY Connector.
- Enter your credentials and clickSign in.
- Complete any of the following tasks:TasksStepsEdit settings.You can specify one or more of the following settings (optional).
Change administrator password.You can change the administrator password for theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorpassword at any time. This does not change the administrator password that is used forCylanceGATEWAY Connectoraccess in thevSphere,Hyper-V,Microsoft Azure,AWS, orESXienvironment. Each time that you change the password, you are prompted to log in again using the new password.
- Complete one or more of the following settings:
- Generate a new self-signed TLS certificate: You can regenerate the TLS certificate at any time. By default, the certificate is valid for one year. The web interface displays the certificate expiry day and time, the serial number, and host that is bound to the certificate. Each time that you generate a new TLS certificate, you are prompted to accept the new certificate.
- HTTP/S Proxy configuration: If your environment is configured with an unauthenticated proxy server that is used for Internet-destined HTTP and HTTPS requests, you can enter the URL of the proxy. When the proxy URL is added, HTTPS requests to theBlackBerry Infrastructuremade by theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorwill use the proxy. Tunnel traffic will not use the proxy.
- Maximum Transfer Unit (MTU) configuration: By default, theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorautomatically detects the MTU of your network. In some instances, you might need to specify the MTU value that theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorcan use.BlackBerryrecommends that you use automatic detection.If you specify the MTU and want to use automatic detection, you must restart theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorfrom within thevSphere,Hyper-V,Microsoft Azure,AWS, orESXienvironment.
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) configuration: By default, theCylanceGATEWAY ConnectorusesUbuntu's ntp.ubuntu.com server for time synchronization. You can specify a custom NTP server.
- Advanced Package Tool (APT) configuration: By default, theCylanceGATEWAY ConnectorusesUbuntu's repository hosts, archive.ubuntu.com and security.ubuntu.com. For more information, visit support.blackberry.com/community and read article 79017. You can specify a custom package repository that theCylanceGATEWAY Connectoruses. Note that security updates are applied automatically, and you must restart theCylanceGATEWAY Connectorin the management console for updates to take affect.
- Complete one of the following:
- ClickUpdate settingsto save the changes on the Settings screen.
- ClickRestore default settingsto restore all of the default settings. You must enter your credentials for the changes to take affect. Network connectivity might be interrupted (for example, if you specify an MTU theCylanceGATEWAY Connectormust be restarted).
- ClickFactory Resetto erase allCylanceGATEWAY Connectorconfigurations, including the self-signed TLS certificate. TheCylanceGATEWAY Connectormust be restarted and will result in a network connectivity interruption.
- ClickChange admin password.
- Enter the current administrator password.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- ClickChange password.
- When prompted, clickLog in now. You will also be automatically redirected to the login prompt after a short wait.
- Enter your administrator username and new password and clickSign in.