- Requirements: CylanceON-PREM
- Configuring the CylanceON-PREM virtual appliance
- Configuring the console
- Log in to CylanceON-PREM
- Administrative dashboard
- Filter lists
- Export lists
- Setting up the CylancePROTECT agent
- Adding the CA certificate to endpoints
- Installing the CylancePROTECT Desktop agent for Windows
- Installing the CylancePROTECT Desktop agent for macOS
- Installing the CylancePROTECT Desktop agent for Linux
- Upgrading the CylancePROTECT Desktop agents
- Using virtual machines
- Device management
- Threat management
- Global lists
- Managing users
- Managing roles
- Update profile information
- Audit logs
- Managing Certificates
- Setting up email notifications
- Upgrade CylanceON-PREM
- Reboot the virtual appliance
- Configure session timeout
- Update CylanceON-PREM SSL certificate version 1.3.1 and later
- Update CylanceON-PREM SSL certificate version 22.214.171.124 and earlier
- Change the certificate cipher mode
- Enable maintenance mode
- Change network settings
- Check an IP address
- Change the log level
- Download logs
- Configure syslog/SIEM settings
- Update database connection settings
- Configure active directory
- Configure identity provider settings
- Using certificate-based authentication
- Add a banner to the login screen
- CylanceON-PREM API
- Agent not communicating with CylanceON-PREM
- Web browser reports insecure webpage
- Unable to connect to external database
- Configure static IP using the OVF tool
- Remote server 404 error in log files
- Log in with a local administrator account
- Online Certificate Status Protocol issues
- A user is not receiving email notifications
- Before you contact support
Import a global list
You can import a Global List from
CylanceON-PREMso that you don't have to manually add hashes to the Global List.
CylanceON-PREMGlobal List that was exported from
CylanceON-PREMis available in
CylanceON-PREMv1.7.1 or higher.
- ClickGlobal Lists. Or click the Global Lists widget on the dashboard.
- Click . The Import Global List window displays.
- Select the type of list you are importing.
- Browse for a .csv file or drag and drop one in the box.
- ClickImport. Once imported a dialog displays the results:
- Imported- This is the number of entries that were imported.
- Skipped- This is the number of entries were not imported because they already exist in the Global List.
- Conflicts- This is the number of entries that were in conflict because they were the wrong type. For example, you imported quarantined entries but the .csv file also contained three safelist entries so the three safelist entries would be listed as conflicts.You can export entries in this list for use in other applications by clicking . See Export Lists for more information.