- Requirements: CylanceON-PREM
- Configuring the CylanceON-PREM virtual appliance
- Configuring the console
- Log in to CylanceON-PREM
- Administrative dashboard
- Filter lists
- Export lists
- Setting up the CylancePROTECT agent
- Adding the CA certificate to endpoints
- Installing the CylancePROTECT Desktop agent for Windows
- Installing the CylancePROTECT Desktop agent for macOS
- Installing the CylancePROTECT Desktop agent for Linux
- Upgrading the CylancePROTECT Desktop agents
- Using virtual machines
- Device management
- Threat management
- Global lists
- Managing users
- Managing roles
- Update profile information
- Audit logs
- Managing Certificates
- Setting up email notifications
- Upgrade CylanceON-PREM
- Reboot the virtual appliance
- Configure session timeout
- Update CylanceON-PREM SSL certificate version 1.3.1 and later
- Update CylanceON-PREM SSL certificate version 188.8.131.52 and earlier
- Change the certificate cipher mode
- Enable maintenance mode
- Change network settings
- Check an IP address
- Change the log level
- Download logs
- Configure syslog/SIEM settings
- Update database connection settings
- Configure active directory
- Configure identity provider settings
- Using certificate-based authentication
- Add a banner to the login screen
- CylanceON-PREM API
- Agent not communicating with CylanceON-PREM
- Web browser reports insecure webpage
- Unable to connect to external database
- Configure static IP using the OVF tool
- Remote server 404 error in log files
- Log in with a local administrator account
- Online Certificate Status Protocol issues
- A user is not receiving email notifications
- Before you contact support
Policy rule sets
You can automatically assign a policy to devices using a policy rule. Policy rules are created as part of a rule set. The first policy rule in the set that evaluates to
Trueassigns the associated policy to a device. When a policy is assigned to a device, the remainder of the rule set is not evaluated since a device can only have one policy assigned.
Example:You have six policy rules in a rule set. The first two rules evaluate to
False. The third rule evaluates to
Trueand its policy is assigned. The remaining three policy rules are not evaluated since a policy was already assigned, even though rules 4 and 5 would have evaluated to
Truefor the device.
You can prioritize a rule by changing its order within the rule set. Policy rules evaluate the first rule set in order and evaluates each rule in order until it find one that is true, which is then applied to the device.
When assigning policy rules, consider the following:
- After you edit a rule set and clickSave, the newly saved rule set will be evaluated against all devices.
- Newly added devices will be evaluated when the Agent registers with theCylanceON-PREMConsole.
- When the Agent reports updated attributes to theCylanceON-PREMConsole, the rule set will be re-evaluated and applied to a device that has had an attribute changed. Attributes for a device can be found on the Device Details page of a device.
- If a tag is added or removed on a device, the rules will be re-evaluated and applied for that device only.
- If no rules match a device, the Default rule will be applied, along with the Default Policy.
You can also manually assign policies to individual devices. See Assign a policy for more information.