View partially analyzed files
CylanceAVERTprovides visibility into files that are only partially analyzed. When
CylanceAVERTcan not fully determine the sensitivity of a file, it appears in the Partially Analyzed Files list. The following are situations in which a file may be only partially analyzed:
- The file is large enough that the scoring engine was not able to fully complete its analysis before the file was exfiltrated.
- The file is a compressed zip file with multiple levels of hierarchy, where only the initial levels were analyzed.
Based on their sensitivity scores, there are two possible outcomes for a partially analyzed file. Either the file is partially scored and sensitive data is found, or the file is partially scored and sensitive data is not found.
If a file is partially scored and sensitive information is not detected, the file appears in the Partially Analyzed Files list with an alert stating that it was only partially analyzed.
If a file is partially scored and sensitive information is detected, it will be treated the same as a fully scored file, and it appears in the File Inventory, Events view, and Evidence Locker. However, an icon displays beside the file in the tables and detailed views with an alert stating that it was only partially analyzed.
You can view a list of files that were not fully scored by
CylanceAVERTin the Partially Analyzed Files view.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickCylanceAVERT > Partially Analyzed Files.ColumnDescriptionFile NameThe is the name of the partially analyzed file.Time AddedThis is the time that the partially analyzed file was added to the list.File SizeThis is the size of the partially analyzed file.ExtensionThis is the extension type of the partially analyzed file.There is no pagination for this list. You can scroll to load more results or use the filter options.
- Do any of the following:
- To filter the file name or extension columns, click in the column heading.
- To change which columns are displayed, click on the right of the column headings.
- You can click on an item in the partially analyzed files list to display the file details menu. From this menu, you can see the file details, the users with access to the file, the devices with access to the file, and the data types found in the file.