Deploy a package to collect data from devices
You can use the
CylanceOPTICSpackage deploy feature to remotely and securely run a process (for example, a Python script) on
CylanceOPTICSdevices to collect and store desired data in a specified location for further analysis by security administrators. For example, you can run a process to collect browser data. You can use the
CylanceOPTICSdata collection packages that are available in the management console or you can create your own.
When you deploy a package to devices that are offline, the deployment will wait for those devices to come online for a specified period.
- If desired, create a package that will execute on a device, collect specific data points, and output that data to a local or server location that you will specify in the steps below. For more information about creating a custom package, visit support.blackberry.com/community to read article 66563.
- If you create your own package, you must upload it to the management console. In the console, go toCylanceOPTICS > Configurations > Packages, then clickUpload file.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickCylanceOPTICS > Packages.
- ClickDeploy Packages.
- In thePackagedrop-down list, click the package that you want to send to devices. ClickAdd Another Packageto add additional packages.
- In theCollection Typedrop-down list, click the location where you want to store the data that the package will collect.
- Localsaves the data at the indicated path on the device.
- If you selectSFTP,SMB, orS3, specify the required information.
- SelectDeviceorZoneand select the devices or zones that you want to deliver the package to.
- If you want to specify a timeout period and priority for the package deploy, clickShow advanced optionsand do any of the following:
- In theValid fordrop-down list, click the desired timeout period. If a device is not online within this period, the package deploy is cancelled for that device.
- Adjust thePriorityslider to set a higher or lower priority. The priority is taken into account when otherCylanceOPTICSjobs are queued for the same device.
- Specify a name and description for the package deploy.
- Navigate toCylanceOPTICS > Packagesto view the current status and progress of the package deploy.
- You can click a package deploy status to view details about the deploy. You can expand the Targets section to view the individual status of each device. If you want to stop a package deploy that is in progress, in theSelect Actiondrop-down list, clickStop Job.