Manage CylancePROTECT Desktop external device alerts
CylancePROTECT Desktopexternal device alerts
You can use the management console to view and manage external device alerts detected by the
CylancePROTECT Desktopagent. Examples of external devices include smartphones, flash drives, external hard drives, and digital cameras. External device settings are also known as device control.
Before you exclude an external device, consider the following:
- Adding an exclusion that contains underscores in the serial number is not supported from the external device alerts page. You must add the exclusion in the device policy.
- Adding an exclusion from the external device alerts page affects the policy currently assigned to the device, which might not be the policy used when the alert occurred.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickProtection > External devices. Do any of the following:
- To add or remove columns, click and select the columns that you want to view.
- To group the external device alert information by one or more columns, drag those columns to the space above the column names.
- To sort external device alerts in ascending or descending order by a column, click the column.
- To filter the external device alerts by a column, use the filter field and icon for the column.
- Do any of the following:TaskStepsAdd the external device to the device policy exclusion list.External device exclusions are configured in a device policy. Adding an exclusion from the external device alerts page adds the exclusion to the device policy assigned to the device the alert was detected on.
View the device details page.
- Click for the external device alert you want to add a device policy exclusion for.
- Optionally, you can change the product ID and serial number for the external device. The vendor ID cannot be changed.
- Optionally, you can add a comment. You can provide a reason for the exclusion or other relevant information.
- Select one of the following access types:
- Full access: Allows the external device to connect to the endpoint and provides full access to the external device (read and write access).
- Read only: Allows the external device to connect to the endpoint but provides read-only access to the external device.
- Block: Does not allow the external device to connect to the endpoint.
- ClickSave exclusion.
- Click on a device name to view the device details page.
To export the external device information to a .csv file, click . Select the scope of the export and click