Enable or disable biometric authentication
When you start the alert publish flow from the mobile app, you can choose to log in using biometric authentication on your device. Biometric authentication enables operators to quickly authenticate on their device without the need to enter a username and password. When biometric authentication is enabled, the app displays a face or fingerprint authentication screen when the alert publishing flow starts. You can also use biometric authentication to view the alert summary for a sent alert.
When biometric authentication is enabled, if smart card authentication is then enabled, biometric authentication is disabled and the
Enable biometric authenticationsetting is not displayed. A message is displayed on the mobile app to notify the end user.
- Biometric authentication must be supported and set up on your device. iOS devices support Touch ID and Face ID. Android devices support Touch ID.
- BlackBerry AtHocmanagement system release 7.10 or later release.
- TapBlackBerry AtHocmobile app to launch the app.
- On theOrganization settingspage, tap theEnable biometric authentication for alert publishing and reportingsetting to theOnposition.
- On theEnable biometric authenticationscreen, tapOK.
- On theLoginscreen, enter your username and password.
- Optionally, when biometric authentication is enabled, tap theEnable biometric authentication for alertsetting to theOffposition to disable biometric authentication.