Pair a V.ALRT personal alert button with the BlackBerry AtHoc mobile app
BlackBerry AtHocmobile app
You can pair a personal alert button with the
BlackBerry AtHocmobile app to be able to quickly and discretely publish an emergency alert.
- Users must have permission to publish emergency alerts using aBluetoothAlert Button.
- Bluetoothmust be enabled on the device with theBlackBerry AtHocmobile app must be installed on it.
- The V.ALRT personal alert button must be within two meters of the device with theBlackBerry AtHocmobile app installed on it.
- TapBlackBerry AtHocmobile app to launch the app.
- Tap >Personal Alert Button.
- TapAdd(+).TheBlackBerry AtHocmobile app searches for and lists all activeV.ALRTpersonal alert buttons within a two meter range. TheV.ALRTpersonal alert button flashes a red light when it is in discovery mode.
- Tap theV.ALRT XX:XX:XXpersonal alert button that you want to pair. For example, V.ALRT C3:60:E6 Bluetooth Alert Button.
- TapPAIR. The V.ALRT button will flash a green light while pairing. Wait until you see the following confirmations:
- When the pair completes, on theButton Pairingscreen, you will receive a message that the device was successfully paired and a green check mark is displayed.
- When the connection completes. You will receive a "Button Connected. V.ALRT Personal Alert Button has been connected." message when it completes.
- After you receive the confirmation messages, tapDone.
You can monitor the connectivity status, connectivity strength, and battery levels on your personal alert button. The following table describes the different statuses that are displayed:
You are disconnected from the device but paired.
You are successfully connected to the device.
If your device is not paired with the personal alert button, message with
Start Pairinglink option will be displayed on the Personal Alert Button screen.