Publish an alert
Alerts are communications sent to your organization, to mobile users, or to outside organizations. A user with
BlackBerry AtHocoperator permissions can publish alerts using a predefined alert templates. If the management system operator selects the "Available for mobile publishing" check box in the alert template, then that alert template appears in the alert publisher template list in the mobile app. Alert templates define the types of alerts that can occur within an alert folder, enabling operators to quickly publish the appropriate alert during an emergency.
You must have alert publishing permissions.
- Open theBlackBerry AtHocmobile app on your device.
- Tap at the top right corner of the home screen.You can also press and hold theBlackBerry AtHocmobile app icon to open the alert template screen.
- Do one of the following:
If the biometric or smart card authentication are not enabled or fail, you can authenticate by entering your username and password on the login screen.
- If smart card authentication is enabled, a certificate selection window opens on your device. Tap a valid certificate and then tapContinue.
- If smart card authentication is not enabled, clickOKon theEnable biometric authenticationwindow. The Face ID or Touch ID screen opens. Touch the fingerprint sensor or use Face ID to authenticate.If biometric authentication is not enabled on your device, or if this is the first time you are using biometric authentication, you are redirected to the login screen to provide your username and password. If you clickDon't Useyou are redirected to the login screen.
- If smart card and biometric authentication are not enabled, enter your username and password on the login screen.
- On theTemplatescreen, tap the template you want to publish.
- Optionally, tap next to a section to make changes, then tap to save the changes.
- Tap .
- On thePublishing Confirmationmessage, review the content.