Grant operator permissions to a user
When you grant operator permissions to a user, you select which roles the user has in
BlackBerry AtHoc. The roles a user has determine the
BlackBerry AtHocfeatures they can access. The roles that can be assigned to users are determined by the enabled features in an organization.
Only Organization Administrators, Enterprise Administrators, and System Administrators can grant operator permissions to users. Operators cannot update their own permissions. Operators cannot assign or revoke higher level operator permissions than their own permissions. For example, an operator with Organization Administrator permissions can revoke or grant Organization Administrator permissions to another operator, but cannot grant Enterprise Administrator or System Administrator permissions
Only System Administrators and Enterprise Administrators can grant operator permissions to users in an enterprise or super enterprise organization.
User accounts that have the
Service Accountoption selected do not have their operator permissions revoked in the following scenarios:
- Automatic revocation setting in the Security Policy settings.
- Operator role import.
- From theMore Actionsmenu on the user profile.
- Manual removal of operator permissions by clickingEdit Operator Permissionson the profile page.
User accounts that have the
Service Accountoption selected can have their operator permissions revoked through user move.
- Create a user or select an existing user. After you create a new user and clickSave, the user details screen appears.
- ClickGrant Operator Permissions.
- On theOperator Permissionsscreen, in theOperator Rolessection, click theOperator Roleslist and select the roles you want to assign to the user.As you select roles, they appear on the screen under the Operator Roles drop-down list. If you select more than three roles, the first three are displayed, and the rest can be seen by clicking the scrollbar that appears in the field.ClickOperator Roles and Permissions Matrixto view a complete mapping ofBlackBerry AtHocroles and their capabilities.
- Optionally, in theUsersection, select thePermissions ExpireoptionNeverorChoose a Date. If you select theChoose a Dateoption, select a date from the calendar picker that appears.
- Optionally, in theUsersection, select theService Accountcheck box. Select this option only for service accounts that are used to enable services such as SMS Opt-In, the User Sync Client, or API. Selecting this option prevents the user account from being automatically disabled or deleted, or having its operator permissions automatically revoked. If this option is selected,Nevermust be selected as thePermissions Expireoption.
- Optionally, in thePasswordsection, enter and confirm a password that meets the specified requirements.
- Optionally, in thePasswordsection, select the check boxes to specify if the user must change their password at next login and whether the password expires.
You can also grant operator permissions using the Import Operators feature. For more information, see Importing and exporting operators.