Add or update a web app for Android Enterprise and Android Management devices
Web apps are
Androidapps that you create using a website address (URL), icon image, and title. When a user opens a web app on their device, the URL opens in the
When you add a web app, theGoogleweb app system creates an .apk file and hosts it inGooglegenerates the web app app package ID, which starts with "com.google.enterprise.webapp". In the app list,Googleweb apps display the symbol and your
Google Playfor users to install in the work profile.
Android EnterpriseOrganization Name in the Vendor field.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickGoogle Play.
- In the left navigation menu, clickWeb apps.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsCreate a web app.
If the app is not added to the app list as expected, follow these steps to manually add it:
- Click .
- In theTitlefield, type the text that will display on the device.
- In theURLfield, type the web address of the shortcut. The web address begins with https://.:
- Select whether you want the web app to display full screen, standalone, or with minimal UI.
- ClickUpload iconand browse for the icon that you want to use for the web app.
- ClickCreate.The web app is created inGoogle Play.Google Playtakes several minutes to create the .apk file and send it toUEM. WhenUEMreceives the .apk file, it adds the web app to the app list automatically.
Update a web app.
- From theGoogle Playscreen (Apps > Add an app > Google Play > web apps icon) select the web app you created previously.
- ClickSelectat the bottom-right of the screen.
- ClickAdd.The web app displays in the Apps list.
- Click the web app that you want to update.
- Update the settings as needed.
- ClickSave.The web app is created inGoogle Play.Google Playtakes several minutes to create the .apk file and send it toUEM. WhenUEMreceives the .apk file, it updates the app list automatically.