Manage app notifications on supervised iOS devices
You can use per-app notification profiles to configure the notification settings for system apps and apps that you manage using
You must assign a per-app notification profile to user accounts after the affected apps have already been installed on users' devices. If the profile is applied before the affected apps are installed, users may not be able to turn on notifications for the apps.
Verify that the apps that you want to configure notification settings for are already installed on users' devices before you assign the per-app notification profile. If the profile is applied to devices before the affected apps are installed, users may not be able to turn on notifications for the apps.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles.
- ClickCustom > Per-app notification.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- In thePer-app notification settingssection, click . Perform one of the following actions to specify the app that you want to configure notification settings for:
- To select the app from the managed app list, clickSelect apps from the app list. Search for and select the app.
- To specify the app by its package ID, clickAdd an app package ID. Type the app name and package ID.
- ClickEnable critical alertif you want critical alerts to override your organization's do not disturb profile and notification settings.
- In theNotificationdrop-down list, clickEnabled.
- Select any of the following notification options:
- Show in notification center
- Show in lock screen
- In theNotification alert typedrop-down list, select one of the following options:
- None: Device users do not receive notification alerts.
- Banner: Device users receive notification alerts in the banner.
- Modal alert: Device users receive modal notification alerts.
- In theShow previewsdrop-down list, select one of the following options:
- Always: Notifications always include previews.
- When unlocked only: Notifications include previews only when the device is unlocked.
- Never: Notifications never include previews.
- Select any of the following notification alert options:
- Enable badges: Specify whether the app displays a badge.
- Enable sounds: Specify whether the app makes a sound.
- Show in CarPlay: Specify whether notifications are displayed inAppleCarPlay. This setting applies only toiOS12.0 and later devices.
- Repeat steps 4 to 13 to add additional per-app notifications.
- To edit the notification settings for an app, in thePer-app notification settingssection, click the notification setting for the app and change the settings as necessary.
- If you created more than one per-app notification profile, rank the profiles.