Add an internal app to the app list
Use these instructions to add internal apps to the app lists for all devices. If you are managing
Android Enterprisedevices, see Adding internal apps for Android Enterprise and Android Management devices for the recommended method to add internal apps for those devices.
iOSapps must be .ipa files,
Androidapps must be .apk files, and
Windows 10apps must be .xap or .appx files. Internal apps must be signed and unaltered.
If you have an on-premises
BlackBerry UEMenvironment, Specify the shared network location for storing internal apps.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickInternal apps.
- ClickBrowse. Navigate to the app that you want to add or update.
- Optionally, add a vendor name and an app description.
- To add screen shots of the app, clickAdd. Browse to the screen shots. The supported image types are .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif.
- If you are adding aniOSapp, perform the following actions:
- In theSupported device form factordrop-down list, select the form factors that the app can be installed on. For example, you can prevent the app from being available in the Work Apps app foriPaddevices but allow it foriPhone.
- If you want the app to be deleted from the device when the device is removed fromBlackBerry UEM, selectRemove the app from the device when the device is removed from BlackBerry UEM. This option applies only to apps with a disposition marked as required and the "Default installation for required apps" setting is set to prompt once. You set the disposition of the app when you assign the app to a user or group.
- If you want to prevent apps oniOSdevices from being backed up to theiCloudonline service, selectDisable iCloud backup for the app. This option applies only to apps with a disposition marked as required. You set the disposition of the app when you assign the app to a user or group.
- In theDefault installation for required appsdrop-down list, if you want users to receive one prompt to install the app on theiriOSdevices, selectPrompt once. If users don't receive the prompt or dismiss it, they can install the app later from the Work Apps screen in theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp or the Work Apps icon on the device.
- If you are adding anAndroidapp, in theSend todrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- If you want the app to be sent to allAndroiddevices, selectAll Android devices.
- If you want the app to be sent to onlyAndroiddevices that useSamsung Knox Workspace, selectSamsung KNOX Workspace devices.
- If you want the app to be sent only toAndroid Enterprisedevices, selectAndroid devices with a work profile.
- To filter apps in the app list by category and to organize the apps into categories in the work apps list on users' devices, you can select a category for the app. In theCategorydrop-down list, do one of the following:TaskStepsSelect a category for the app.In the drop-down list, select a category.Create a category for the app.
- Type a name for the category. The "new category" will appear in the drop-down list with the new category label beside it
- In theApp rating and reviewdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions. When multiple versions of the app exist, the setting specified applies to all versions of the app.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps and see all reviews submitted by other users in your environment, selectPublic mode.
- If you want users to only rate and provide reviews of apps, selectPrivate mode. Users cannot see reviews provided by other users. You can see reviews in theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- If you don't want users to rate or provide reviews of apps or see reviews provided by other users, selectDisabled.
- For apps that support configuration settings, anApp configurationtable is displayed. If you want to create an app configuration, complete the following steps:
- Click to add an app configuration.
- Type a name for the app configuration and specify the configuration settings to use.
- If necessary, use the arrows to move the profiles up or down the ranking. When an app is assigned more than once with different app configurations, the app configuration with the higher rank applies.
- ClickAdd. If you plan to host the app inBlackBerry UEMusing a .json file, copy and save the URL that is displayed.