Add an iOS app to the app list
iOSapp to the app list
When you add public
iOSapps to the app list, the connection to the
App Storeis made directly from the computer that is running the
BlackBerry UEMconsole. If your organization is using a proxy server, you must ensure that no SSL interception occurs. For more information on ports that must be open, see KB 52777.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickApps.
- Click .
- ClickApp Store.
- In the search field, search for the app that you want to add. You can search by app name, vendor, orApp StoreURL.
- In the drop-down list, select the country of the store that you want to search in.
- In the search results, clickAddto add an app.
- To filter apps in the app list by category and to organize the apps into categories in the work apps list on users' devices, you can select a category for the app. In theCategorydrop-down list, do one of the following:TaskStepsSelect a category for the app.In the drop-down list, select a category.Create a category for the app.
- Type a name for the category. The new category will appear in the drop-down list with the "new category" label beside it
- In theApp rating and reviewdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions. When multiple versions of the app exist, the setting specified applies to all versions of the app.
- If you want users to rate and provide reviews of apps and see all reviews submitted by other users in your environment, selectPublic mode.
- If you want users to only rate and provide reviews of apps, selectPrivate mode. Users cannot see reviews provided by other users. You can see reviews in theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- If you don't want users to rate or provide reviews of apps or see reviews provided by other users, selectDisabled.
- In theSupported device form factordrop-down list, select the form factors that the app can be installed on. For example, you can prevent the app from being available in the Work Apps app foriPadbut allow it foriPhone.
- If you want the app to be deleted from the device when the device is removed fromBlackBerry UEM, selectRemove the app from the device when the device is removed from BlackBerry UEM. This option applies only to apps with a disposition marked as required and the "Default installation for required apps" setting is set to prompt once. You set the disposition of the app when you assign the app to a user or group.
- If you want to prevent apps oniOSdevices from being backed up to theiCloudonline service, selectDisable iCloud backup for the app. This option applies only to apps with a disposition marked as required. You set the disposition of the app when you assign the app to a user or group.
- In theDefault installation for required appsdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
If users dismiss the prompt or don't receive a prompt, they can install the app later from the Work Apps screen in theBlackBerry UEM Clientapp or the Work Apps icon on the device. This option to prompt the user applies only to apps with a disposition marked as required. You set the disposition of the app when you assign the app to a user or group.
- If you want users to receive a prompt to install the app on theiriOSdevices, selectPrompt once.
- If you don't want users to receive a prompt, selectNo prompt.
- In theConvert installed personal app to work appdrop-down list, select one of the following:
- To convert the app to a work app if it is already installed, selectConvert. After you assign the app to a user, the app is converted to a work app and can be managed byBlackBerry UEM.
- If you don't want to convert the app to a work app if it is already installed, selectDo not convert. After you assign the app to a user, the app cannot be managed byBlackBerry UEM.
- If the app settings can be preconfigured (for example, connection information), and you want to do so, obtain the configuration details from the app vendor and perform the following actions:
- In theApp configurationtable, complete one of the following tasks:TaskStepsCreate an app configuration from an XML template.
Copy another app configuration.
- Click >Create from a template.
- ClickBrowseand select the template that you want to add.
- For each setting, enter the value that you want to set.
Create an app configuration manually.
- Click >Copy from an app configuration.
- In theCopy fromdrop-down list, select the app configuration that you want to copy.
- For each setting, edit the key name or value.
- Click >Configure manually.
- For each setting that you want to add, click and select a value type for the setting.
- For each setting, enter the key name and the value that you want to set.
- Type a name in theApp configuration namefield.
- If necessary, use the arrows to move the profiles up or down the ranking. When an app is assigned more than once with different app configurations, the app configuration with the higher rank applies.