Typing in Japanese
You can type in Japanese using the Romaji input method.
The Japanese keyboard supports word and phrase candidates in the prediction bar. The prediction bar appears above the keyboard.
- To see more candidates, swipe from right to left on the prediction bar, or tap .
- To select a candidate, tap the candidate. If the first candidate in the prediction bar is highlighted, you can also press the Space key to select it.
You can access alternate characters in the following ways:
- To type a small character, typexorlbefore you type the character.
- If you're using a touch screen keyboard, to see numbers and symbols, tap the?123key. Touch and hold a key to see extra characters, like full-width punctuation.
- If you're using a physical keyboard, you can access punctuation by pressing theAltkey and theN,M,K, orLkeys. To see more numbers and symbols, press theSymbolkey.