Familiar shortcuts that you use on your computer keyboard, like Ctrl + Z to undo or Ctrl + V to paste, are also available on the
BlackBerry Keyboard(in some languages).
Use a Ctrl shortcut
On a touch screen keyboard, by default, the
?123key is the Ctrl key. If your device has a physical keyboard, you can set a Shift key as the Ctrl key.
- If necessary, select the text that you want to cut, copy, or apply formatting to.
- Press the Ctrl key and a shortcut key at the same time:
You can also press and hold the Ctrl key until Ctrl mode turns on. When Ctrl mode is on, you can use Ctrl shortcuts without holding down the Ctrl key.
Set a Ctrl key for a physical keyboard
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap >Language & input.
- TapBlackBerry Keyboard SettingsorKeyboard Settings>BlackBerry Keyboard Settings.
- TapAdvanced>Physical keyboard Ctrl key.
- TapLeft shift keyorRight shift key.
If your device has a physical keyboard, when you aren't typing, you can have your device perform an action when you press a key on the keyboard. For example, from the home screen, you could press a key to speed dial one of your favorite contacts or turn
Wi-Fion and off.
To learn more about keyboard shortcuts, see the help for BlackBerry Launcher.