Type by swiping
Type by swiping allows you to form words by sliding your finger from letter to letter without taking your finger off the keyboard.
When you turn on this feature, keyboard swipe gestures are turned off so that you don’t delete text accidentally when you swipe backwards, for example. You can choose to turn keyboard swipe gestures back on.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap >Language & input.
- TapBlackBerry Keyboard SettingsorKeyboard Settings>BlackBerry Keyboard Settings.
- TapType by swiping.
- Turn on theType by swipingswitch. If your device has both a touch screen keyboard and a physical keyboard, you can turn on the switch for each keyboard.
- To allow gestures like swipe to delete and swipe to access symbols, turn on theKeyboard swipe gesturesswitch.
- To type, touch the keyboard and then slide your finger from key to key to form words.
- To accept a word suggestion, lift your finger off the keyboard.
- To add a space, slide your finger to the spacebar before sliding your finger to the next word.