Customize the layout for symbols
You can create a customized layout to show the numbers, symbols, and emojis that you use most frequently.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
- Tap >Language & input.
- TapBlackBerry Keyboard SettingsorKeyboard Settings>BlackBerry Keyboard Settings.
- TapAdvanced>Symbol layout customization.
- Turn on theUse a customized layout for symbol keysswitch. If your device has both a touch screen keyboard and a physical keyboard, you can turn on the switch for each keyboard.
- TapCustomize layout.
- To start with a template, in the upper-right corner of the screen, tap . Tap an option.
- Tap a symbol. In the layout at the bottom of the screen, tap the spot where you want the symbol to appear.
- To see more symbols, at the top of the screen, tap a category. To see more categories, swipe to the left.
- To add a symbol using a Unicode value, tap theCustomcategory. Tap . Type a value. TapAdd.
- To swap two symbols in the custom layout, tap a symbol. Tap the symbol that you want to swap it with.
- When you finish adding symbols to the layout, tap .
To show your customized layout first when you press the
?123key (or the
Symkey on the physical keyboard), turn on the
Custom layout firstswitch.