Create a directory-linked group
You can create user groups that link to groups in your company directory.
BlackBerry UEMperiodically synchronizes the membership of a directory-linked group with its associated company directory groups. When a user is added or removed from the company directory, they are added or removed from the directory-linked group. The profiles, policies, and apps that you assign to the directory-linked group are assigned to the users in that group. When users are removed from group, those properties are removed.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickGroups > User.
- Click .
- Type the group name.
- In theLinked directory groupssection, do the following:
- Click .
- Type the name or partial name of the company directory group that you want to link to.
- If you have more than one company directory connection, select the connection that you want to search. After you have made this selection, the directory-linked group is permanently associated with the selected connection.
- Click .
- Select the company directory group.
- If necessary, to allow the directory settings to control the number of nested groups, select theLink nested groupscheck box. To link to all nested groups, leave the check box unselected.
- Repeat these steps to link additional groups.
- Do any of the following:TaskStepsAssign a user role to the directory-linked group.
Assign an IT policy or profile to the directory-linked group.
- In theUser rolesection, click .
- In the drop-down list, click the name of the user role that you want to assign to the group.
Assign an app to the directory-linked group.
- In theIT policy and profilessection, click .
- ClickIT policyor a profile type.
- In the drop-down list, click the name of the IT policy or profile that you want to assign to the group.
- in theAssigned appssection, click .
- Search for and select the app that you want to assign.
- In theDispositiondrop-down list, do one of the following:
- To install the app automatically on devices and to prevent users from uninstalling the app, selectRequired.
- To require users to install the app and preventAppleVPP apps from updating automatically, selectRequired without updates.
- To allow users to install and uninstall the app, selectOptional.
- To permit users to install and remove the app and preventAppleVPP apps from updating automatically, selectOptional without updates.
- ForiOSdevices, to assign per-app VPN settings to an app or an app group, in thePer app VPNdrop-down list, select the settings to associate with the app or app group.