Create an administrator
You can create an administrator by assigning an administrator role to a user account or to a user group. The user group can be a directory-linked group or a local group. You can add one role to a user and one role to each group that they belong to, but
BlackBerry UEMassigns only one role to the user.
When a role is assigned to a user account or to a user group,
UEMsends administrators an email with their username and a link to the management console.
UEMalso sends administrators a separate email with their password for the management console. If an administrator does not have an account password,
UEMgenerates a temporary password and sends it to the administrator.
- You must be a Security Administrator to create an administrator.
- If necessary, Create a custom administrator role.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > Administrators.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsAssign a role to a user account.
Assign a role to a user group.
- Click .
- Click the name of the user account that you want to assign the role to.
- Click .
- Click the name of the user group that you want to assign the role to.
- In theRoledrop-down list, click the role that you want to assign.
- To change an assigned role, click the name of a user account or user group, click the role that you want to assign, and clickSave.
- To delete an administrator, select the user account or the user group that you want to remove the role from and click >Delete.