Create a shared device group
When you create a shared device group, a local user account is created. This local user account owns the shared device group.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickDedicated devices > Shared device groups.
- Click .
- Type a name and a description for the shared device group.
- Type the username for device activation.
- To require users to accept terms of service when they check out a shared device, selectEnable terms of serviceand specify the terms of the service.
- For each user that you want to add to the group, in theGranted userssection, search for and click the user.Users can belong to multiple shared device groups.
- To assign an app or app group, in theAssigned appssection, click and do the following:
- Search for and select the app that you want to assign to the group.
- ForiOSorAndroidapps, to require users to follow the actions defined for apps in the compliance profile assigned to them, in theDispositiondrop-down list, selectRequired.If the app group supportsAndroid Enterprise, the disposition can be set toRequiredonly.
- To allow users to install and uninstall the app, in theDispositiondrop-down list, selectOptional.
- ForiOSdevices, to assign per-app VPN settings to an app or app group, in thePer app VPNdrop-down list, select the settings to associate with the app or app group.
- If available, foriOSandAndroiddevices, select an app configuration to assign to the app.
- If you useAndroid Enterpriseand have created tracks for apps in theGoogle Playconsole, select a track to assign to the app.
- ClickAssign.You can't addBlackBerry Dynamicsapps to device groups because entitlements can only be granted to users. AnyBlackBerry Dynamicsapps included in app groups that you add to device groups will not be assigned to users.If your environment supportsAndroid Enterprise, you can't addAndroidapps that have an optional disposition to device groups.Google Play for Workcan assign apps only toAndroidapps that have a required disposition to a device group, the apps will be installed, but the apps will not be listed inGoogle Play for Work.