Create a device group
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickGroups > Device.
- Click .
- Type a name for the device group.
- Optionally, in theScope to user groupssection, select user groups to apply the device group to. If you don't select any user groups, the device group applies to all activated devices.
- In theDevice querysection, in the first drop-down list, do one of the following:
- If you want to include devices that match all of the attributes that you define, selectAll.
- If you want to include devices that match at least one of the attributes that you define, selectAny.
- In theDevice querysection, set the parameters for the device group. See Parameters for device groups.
- Do any of the following:TaskStepsAssign an IT policy or profile to the device group.
Assign an app or an app group to the device group.
- In theIT policy and profilessection, click .
- ClickIT policyor a profile type.
- In the drop-down list, click the name of the IT policy or profile that you want to assign to the group.
Note that you can't addBlackBerry Dynamicsapps to device groups because entitlements can be granted only to users. AnyBlackBerry Dynamicsapps included in app groups that you add to device groups will not be assigned to user.If your environment supportsAndroid Enterprise, you can't addAndroidapps that have an optional disposition to device groups.Google Play for Workcan assign apps only toAndroidapps that have a required disposition to a device group, the apps will be installed, but the apps will not be listed inGoogle Play for Work.
- In theAssigned appssection, click .
- Search for and select the app that you want to assign to the group.
- In theDispositiondrop-down list, do one of the following:
- ForiOSandAndroidapps, to require users to follow the actions defined for apps in the compliance profile assigned to them, selectRequired.
- To require users to install the app and preventAppleVPP apps from updating automatically, selectRequired without updates.
- To allow users to install and uninstall the app, selectOptional. This option is not available for app groups that supportAndroid Enterprise.
- To permit users to install and remove the app and preventAppleVPP apps from updating automatically, selectOptional without updates.
- ForiOSdevices, to assign per-app VPN settings to an app or app group, in thePer app VPNdrop-down list, select the settings to associate with the app or app group.
- If available, foriOSandAndroiddevices, select an app configuration to assign to the app.
- If you useAndroid Enterpriseand have created tracks for apps in theGoogle Playconsole, select a track to assign to the app.