Enable and configure safe browsing for BlackBerry
By default, safe browsing protection is enabled for
BlackBerry Tasks, and
BlackBerry Connect. When safe browsing is enabled for
BlackBerry Access, it is also enabled for
BlackBerry Desktop. You must assign a
BlackBerry Protectprofile to user accounts to enable the feature on users’ devices.
- Check the software requirements to verify that the required versions ofBlackBerry Dynamicsapps are installed on users' devices.
- To extend safe browsing to otherBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, inSettings > BlackBerry Protect > Safe browsing, on theProtected BlackBerry Dynamics appstab, edit the list to add additional apps.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles > Protection > BlackBerry Protect.
- Create a newBlackBerry Protectprofile or select and edit an existingBlackBerry Protectprofile.
- Select the platform that you want to configure safe browsing for.
- Verify that theCheck for unsafe web resources within the BlackBerry Dynamics appscheck box is selected.
- In theAction for unsafe web resourcesdrop-down list, choose one of the following:
- To take no action and log information, clickMonitor and log.
- To block access to unsafe URLs, clickBlock.
- In theScanning optiondrop-down list, choose one of the following:
The approved and blocked domains that you configure are enforced regardless of the option that you choose.
- If you wantBlackBerry Dynamicsapps to send URLs toCylanceINFINITYto determine if they are safe, clickCloud scanning.
- If you want to use only the local machine learning models of theBlackBerry Protectlibrary to identify unsafe URLs, clickOn device scanning.
- If you want to disable URL scanning, clickNo scanning.
- If you selected cloud or on-device scanning, and you want to give the user a warning and the option to proceed when a URL has been identified as unsafe, select theAllow users to override blocked resources and enable access to the requested domaincheck box.Note that users cannot choose to proceed to a URL in a blocked domain. This bypass feature does not apply to sub-resource URLs.
- If necessary, repeat steps 3 to 7 to configure safe browsing for the other platforms.