Enable and configure SMS text message scanning
When you want to enable SMS text message scanning, you must assign a
CylancePROTECTprofile to user accounts to enable the feature on users’ devices. In the
CylancePROTECTprofile, you can also enable and configure safe browsing for additional protection in the event a user clicks a potentially unsafe link in a text message.
Users must install and activate the
BlackBerry UEM Clientor
BlackBerry Workon their
iOSdevice to use this feature.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles > Protection > CylancePROTECT.
- Create a newCylancePROTECTprofile or select and edit an existingCylancePROTECTprofile.
- On theiOStab, verify that theEnable message scanningcheck box is selected.
- In theScanning optiondrop-down list, choose one of the following:
- If you want to send message toCylanceINFINITYto determine if they are safe, clickCloud scanning.
- If you want to use only the local machine learning models of theCylancePROTECT Mobilelibrary to identify unsafe URLs, clickOn-device scanning.
- If you want to disable URL scanning, clickNo scanning.
- Assign the profile to users and groups.
- Optionally, enable and configure safe browsing.
- InstructiOSusers to go toSettings > Messages > Unknown & Spamto turn on message filtering (Filter Unknown Senders) and to enable SMS filtering for theUEM Clientand/orBlackBerry Work.