Create a location service profile
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles > Protection > Location service.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- Optionally, clear the check box for any device type that you do not want to configure the profile for.
- Perform any of the following tasks:TaskStepsEnable location history foriOSdevicesOn theiOStab, verify that theLog device location historycheck box is selected.BlackBerry UEMcollects a device's location hourly and, if possible, when there has been a significant change in the device's location (for example, 500 meters or more).Enable location history forAndroiddevices
Both the distance and frequency conditions must be met before the device location is updated.
- On theAndroidtab, verify that theLog device location historycheck box is selected.
- In theDevice location check distancefields, specify the minimum distance that a device must travel before the device location is updated.
- In theLocation update frequencyfields, specify how often the device location is updated.
- Assign the profile to users and groups. Users must accept the profile before the management console orBlackBerry UEM Self-Servicecan displayiOSandAndroiddevice locations on a map.Windows 10 Mobiledevices automatically accept the profile.
- If necessary, rank the profile.