Update the OS on a supervised iOS device
You can force an
iOSdevice to install an available OS update. To update the OS on multiple devices at the same time, see Send commands to users and devices. You can control the timing of
iOSupdates using the "Delay software updates and "Software update delay period" IT policy rules.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for and click the name of a user account.
- On the appropriate device tab, if a software update is available, clickUpdate now.
- In the drop-down list, select one of the following options:
- Download and install: The update is automatically downloaded and installed on the device.
- Download only: The update is automatically downloaded on the device and the user is prompted to install it.
- Install downloaded update: If the update is already downloaded on a device, it is automatically installed.
- In theOS versionlist, select the OS version that you want to update the device to.