Move iOS or macOS devices to a hardened channel
macOSdevices to a hardened channel
When you activate
macOSdevices, by default, the devices are assigned to a hardened data channel. If you have any
macOSdevices that are not currently using a hardened channel, you can export a list of these devices and take action to move the devices to a hardened channel. When you move devices to a hardened channel, the devices must be reactivated.
If you move a device that is enrolled in
AppleDEP, the device will lose the DEP enrollment configuration. Device users will need to factory reset the device and activate it with
In the app settings for all applicable apps, clear the
Remove the app from the device when the device is removed from BlackBerry UEMoption. If you attempt to move devices to a hardened channel without clearing this option, the app is removed and the device may be unenrolled from
UEM. Note that even if you clear this check box, an app may still be removed during the move if the setting has not been delivered to the device. For more information on tracking commands that are being delivered to a device, see KB 102688.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > Migration > iOS Hardened ChannelorSettings > Migration > macOS Hardened Channel.If you do not see one of these menu options, yourUEMenvironment does not have anyiOSormacOSdevices that need to be moved to a hardened channel.
- ClickExportto download a list of devices that are not currently using a hardened channel.
- Do any of the following:TaskStepsMove multipleiOSdevices to a hardened channel.ClickBrowseand navigate to and select the file you downloaded in step 2.Devices that belong to shared device groups are included in the file for information purposes only, and will not be moved to a hardened channel with this method. For any devices that belong to shared device groups, the user must factory reset the device and activate it withUEMagain.This method can process a maximum of 1000 entries at a time. If the file you downloaded contains more than 1000 entries, divide them into separate files that contain a maximum of 1000 entries each.Move a specificiOSdevice to a hardened channel.
MovemacOSdevices to a hardened channel.
- On the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for and click theiOSdevice.
- On the device tab, clickMigrate to iOS hardened channel.