Create an activation email template
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > General settings > Templates.
- Click >Device activation.
- In theNamefield, type a name for the template.
- In theSubjectfield, type the subject line of the activation email.
- In theMessagefield, type the body text of the activation email.Use the HTML editor to customize formatting, insert images (for example, a corporate logo), and so on. You can insert variables to personalize portions of the email. See Using variables in profiles, emails, and notifications.
- If you want users to activate their device using aQR Codeinstead of an activation password, select theAppend a QR code to email message for iOS and Android device activationcheck box.
- To send the activation password orQR Codeseparately from the activation instructions, selectSend two separate activation emails - first for complete instructions, second for passwordand specify the content and options for the second activation email. If you decide to send only one activation email, verify that you include the activation password, the activation password variable, or theQR Codein the first email.
For more information about device activation, see Activating devices.