Enable Activation Lock for an iOS device
The Activation Lock feature on
iOSdevices allows users to protect their devices if they are lost or stolen. When the feature is enabled, the user must confirm the
AppleID and password to disable Find My
iPhone, erase the device, or reactivate and use the device.
When a device is activated on
BlackBerry UEM, Activation Lock is disabled by default. You can enable it for each device individually, or you can enable it for multiple devices using the associated IT policy rule. When you enable Activation Lock,
UEMstores a bypass code that you can use to clear the lock so that the device can be erased and reactivated without the user's
AppleID and password.
Complete the following steps to enable Activation Lock for each device individually.
- The device must be supervised.
- The device must be associated with aniCloudaccount.
- The device must have Find MyiPhoneor Find MyiPadenabled.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickUsers.
- Search for and click a user account.
- On the device tab, in theManage devicesection, clickEnable Activation Lock.
- To disable Activation Lock for a device, clickDisable Activation Lock. If Activation Lock is enabled using the IT policy rule, you cannot use this option to disable it.
- To view the bypass code for a device, navigate toUsers > Apple Activation Lock, then search for and click a device.