Create a device SR requirements profile for Android Enterprise and Android Management devices
OS update rules apply only to
Android Managementdevices with
Work space onlyand
Work and personal - full controlactivation types. App update rules apply to all
Android Enterprisedevices. Currently, suspending OS updates and automatic app updates are not supported for
Android Managementdevices. See Considerations for Android Management activation types.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles > Compliance > Device SR requirements.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- To configure OS update rules forWork space onlyandWork and personal - full controldevices, in theOS update rulesection, click and do the following:
- In theDevice modeldrop-down list, select a device model.
- In theOS versiondrop-down list, select the installed OS version.
- In theUpdate ruledrop-down list, select one of the following:
- Default: The user can choose when to install updates. Users with theWork space only(fully managed device) activation type cannot choose when to install updates.
- Update automatically: Updates are installed without prompting the user.
- Update automatically between: Updates are installed in a time frame that you specify, without prompting the user. The user can choose to install updates outside of this window.
- Postpone up to 30 days: Block installation of updates for 30 days. After 30 days, the user can choose when to install an update. Depending on the device manufacturer and wireless service provider, security updates might not be postponed.
- To specify time periods when OS updates should not occur forWork space onlyandWork and personal - full controldevices, in theSuspend OS updatessection, click . Select the month and day that the suspension period starts and the duration of the suspension period.If you specify more than one suspension period, there must be at least 60 days between periods.
- To specify an update period for apps that are running in the foreground, selectEnable update period for apps that are running in the foreground. Select the start time and duration.
- To specify howGoogle Playapplies the changes to apps running in the foreground (the Auto-Update Apps setting inGoogle Play), in theApp auto update policydrop-down list, select one of the following:
If you selectAlways,Wi-Fi only, orDisable, the user cannot select a different option on the device. Users can still manually update apps inGoogle Play.
- Always: Apps will always update. For apps that are always running (for example, theBlackBerry UEM Client,BlackBerry Work, orBlackBerry Connectivity), if you don't select theEnable update period for apps that are running in the foregroundoption, the app will not update until the user manually updates it.
- Wi-Fi only: Apps will update only when the device is connected to aWi-Finetwork. For apps that are always running (for example, theUEM Client,BlackBerry Work, orBlackBerry Connectivity), if you don't select theEnable update period for apps that are running in the foregroundoption, the app will not update until the user manually updates it.
- User can allow: The user is prompted to allow apps to update on the device.
- Disable: Apps will never update.
- Assign the profile to users and groups.
- If necessary, rank the profile.
- To view a list of users who are running a revoked software release (a software release that is no longer accepted by a service provider), inPolicies and profiles > Compliance > Device SR requirements, click a profile, then click thex users running revoked SRtab.