Set an activation password and send an activation email message
You can set an activation password and send a user an activation email with instructions to activate one or more devices. In on-premises environments, the email message is sent from the email address that you configured in the SMTP server settings.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for and click the name of a user account.
- In theActivation detailssection, clickSet activation password.
- In theActivation optiondrop-down list, do one of the following:
- If you want the user to activate their device with the activation profile that is currently assigned to them, selectDefault device activation.
- If you want to pair an activation password with a specific activation profile, selectDevice activation with specified activation profile. For more information, see Allowing users to activate multiple devices with different activation types.
- In theActivation passworddrop-down list, do one of the following:
- If you want to automatically generate a password, selectAutogenerate device activation password and send email with activation instructions. When you select this option, you must select an email template to send the information to the user.
- If you want to set an activation password for the user and, optionally, send an activation email, selectSet device activation passwordand type a password.
- Optionally, to specify how long the activation password remains valid, change the activation period expiration.
- If you want the activation password to be valid only for one device activation, selectActivation period expires after the first device is activated.
- In theActivation email templatedrop-down list, select the email template that you want to use.