Activate an Android Enterprise device with the Work and personal - user privacy activation type
Android Enterprisedevice with the
Work and personal - user privacyactivation type
To activate devices with the
Work and personal - user privacy(
Android Enterprise) activation type, send the following activation instructions to device users. Devices with this activation type don't need to be reset to factory default settings before activation.
Your device administrator sent you one or more email messages with the information that you need to activate your device. If the email message includes an activation QR code, you can use it to activate your device. If you did not receive a QR code, make sure you have the following information:
- Your work email address
- YourUEMusername (usually your work username)
- YourUEMactivation password
- TheUEMserver address (if required)
- On the device, install theBlackBerry UEM ClientfromGoogle Play.If the device doesn't have access toGoogle Play, you can manually download theUEM Clientusing an .apk file. To get the .apk file of the latest version ofUEM Client, see KB 42607.
- Open theUEM Client.
- Read the license agreement and tap theI accept the License Agreementcheck box.
- Do one of the following:TaskStepsScan a QR code to activate the device.
Manually activate the device.
- Tap .
- To allow theUEM Clientto take pictures and to record video, tapAllow.
- Scan the QR code that your administrator provided in the activation email.
- Type your work email address and tapNext.
- Type your activation password and tapActivate My Device.
- If necessary, type the server address and tapNext.
- If necessary, type your username and activation password and tapNext.
- To allow theUEM Clientto make and manage phone calls, tapAllow.
- On theSet up your profilescreen, tapSet up. It may take a moment to set up the work profile.
- If you are prompted log in to your
- Choose a screen unlock method.
- If you are prompted by theSecure start-upscreen to require a password when the device starts, tapYes.
- Type a device password and type it again to confirm it. TapOK.
- Select how you want your notifications to display. TapDone.
- Create aUEM Clientpassword and tapOK. If you are usingBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, you will also use this password to sign in to all of yourBlackBerry Dynamicsapps.
- If you want to set up fingerprint authentication for theUEM ClientandBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, follow the instructions on the screen. Otherwise, tapCancel.
- If you are signed out of your device, unlock your device to complete theUEMactivation.
- If you are prompted to allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plus, tapOKand wait for the connection to turn on.
- If you are prompted to install work apps on your device, follow the instructions on the screen.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, do one of the following:
- In theUEM Client, tap >About. In theActivated Devicesection, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- In theBlackBerry UEM Self-Serviceconsole, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.