Activate an Android Enterprise device using a managed Google
Android Enterprisedevice using a managed
The following activation instructions apply to supported
Androiddevices that are assigned the
Work space only(
Android Enterprise) or
Work and personal - full control(
Android Enterprise) activation type. To activate devices that are connected to a managed
Google Playaccount with the
Work and personal - user privacyactivation type, see Activate an Android Enterprise device with the Work and personal - user privacy activation type.
You can configure and include a
QR Codethat contains the location of the
UEM Clientapp source file in the activation email message that you send to users. When a user scans the
QR Codecode, the
UEM Clientis downloaded automatically. To configure and include a
QR Codein the activation email message, you must select the “Allow QR codes for device activation” check box in the Activation defaults page (Settings > General settings > Activation defaults). You must also select the “Allow QR code to contain location of
UEM Clientapp source file” check box and specify the location of the
UEM Clientapp source file. To get the .apk file of the latest version of the
UEM Client, see KB 42607.
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
Your device administrator sent you one or more email messages with the information that you need to activate your device. The email message includes a
QR Codewith the information needed to install the
UEM Clientand activate the device.
- On the device that you want to activate, if you don't see the device setup screen, reset your device to its factory default settings.
- To open the device'sQR Codereader, tap the device screen seven times.
- To download theUEM Client, scan theQR Codethat your administrator provided in the activation email.
- Open theUEM Client.
- Read the license agreement and tap theI accept the License Agreementcheckbox.
- On theSet up your profilescreen, tapSet up. It may take a moment to set up the work profile.
- Choose a screen unlock method.
- If you are prompted by theSecure start-upscreen to require a password when the device starts, tapYes.
- Type a device password and type it again to confirm it, then tapOK.
- Select how you want your notifications to display. TapDone.
- Create aUEM Clientpassword and tapOK. If you are usingBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, you will also use this password to sign in to all of yourBlackBerry Dynamicsapps.
- If you want to set up fingerprint authentication for theUEM ClientandBlackBerry Dynamicsapps, follow the instructions on the screen. Otherwise, tapCancel.
- If you are signed out of your device, unlock your device to complete theUEMactivation.
- If you are prompted to allow the connection toBlackBerry Secure Connect Plus, tapOKand wait for the connection to turn on.
- If you are prompted to install work apps on your device, follow the instructions on the screen.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, do one of the following:
- In theUEM Client, tap >About. In theActivated Devicesection, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- In theBlackBerry UEM Self-Serviceconsole, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.