Activate an Android Management device with the Work and personal - user privacy activation type
Android Managementdevice with the
Work and personal - user privacyactivation type
You can include a
QR Codein the activation email message that you send to users. When a user scans the
QR Codecode, the
UEM Clientis downloaded automatically. To configure and include a
QR Codein the activation email message, you must select the “Allow QR codes for device activation” check box in the Activation defaults page (Settings > General settings > Activation defaults). Use the default
Android Managementactivation email template (or a custom equivalent).
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
Your device administrator sent you one or more email messages with the information that you need to activate your device. The email message includes a
QR Codewith the information needed to install the
UEM Clientand activate the device.
- On your device, go toSettings > Google Services & Preferences.
- TapSet up & Restore.
- TapSet up your work profile.
- In theAllow Device Policy to take pictures and record videodialog box, tapOnly this time.
- Scan the QR code that you received from your administrator.
- Depending on how your administrator configured the activation, you may be prompted to set a lock for your device or for the work space.
- On theYour work checklistscreen, belowInstall work apps, tapInstall.
- After theUEM Clientis installed, tapDone.
- TapSetup BlackBerry UEM.
- Read the license agreement and tapAgree.
Your device will finish setting up your work profile.
If you ever want to deactivate your device and remove it from
UEM, you can do so from the