Add a DEP enrollment configuration
An enrollment configuration allows you to define how devices that are enrolled in DEP are set up when they are activated with
BlackBerry UEM. You can create as many enrollment configurations as your organization needs.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickSettings > External integration > Apple Device Enrollment Program.
- Click the name of a DEP account.
- In theDEP enrollment configurationssection, click .
- Type a name for the configuration.
- If you wantUEMto automatically assign the enrollment configuration when DEP devices synchronize withUEM, select theAutomatically assign all new devices to this configurationcheck box.UEMsynchronizes withAppleDEP daily and whenever you view theAppleDEP devices page. You can automatically assign only one enrollment configuration to new DEP devices. If you previously created an enrollment configuration with this setting, the setting is removed from the previous configuration and added to the new one. If you previously created an enrollment configuration with this setting and the configuration was applied to devices,UEMdoes not assign the new enrollment configuration.
- Optionally, type a department name and support phone number to be displayed on devices during setup.
- In theDevice configurationsection, select one of the following:
- Allow pairing: Users can pair the device with a computer.
- Mandatory: Users are not prompted to accept the enrollment configuration.
- Allow removal of MDM profile: Users can deactivate devices.
- Wait until device is configured: Users can't cancel the device setup until the activation process completes.
- In theSkip during setupsection, select the items that you do not want to include in the device setup:OptionImpact if selectedPasscodeUsers are not prompted to create a device passcode.Location servicesLocation services are disabled on the device.RestoreUsers cannot restore data from a backup file.Move fromAndroidData cannot be restored from anAndroiddevice.AppleIDUsers are prevented from signing in toAppleID andiCloud.Terms and conditionsUsers do not see theiOSterms and conditions.SiriSiriis disabled on devices.DiagnosticsDiagnostic information is not automatically sent from the device during setup.BiometricUsers cannot set up Touch ID.PaymentUsers cannot set upApplePay.ZoomUsers cannot set upZoom.Home button setupUsers cannot adjust the Home button's click.Screen TimeThe option to set up Screen Time is skipped during DEP enrollment.Software updateUsers do not see the mandatory software update screen on the device.iMessageandFaceTimeUsers do not see theiMessageandFaceTimescreen on the device.Display toneUsers do not see the Display tone screen on the device.PrivacyUsers do not see the Privacy screen on the device.OnboardingUsers do not see the informational onboarding screen on the device.Watch migrationUsers do not see the watch migration screen on the device.SIM setupUsers do not see the screen to set up a cellular plan on the device.Device-to-device migrationUsers do not see the device-to-device migration screen on the device.
- ClickSave. If you selected theAutomatically assign new devices to this configurationcheck box, clickYes.
- If you did not select theAutomatically assign new devices to this configurationcheck box, you must assign the appropriate enrollment configuration to devices. InUsers > Apple DEP devices, select the devices registered to the same DEP account and click . Select and assign the enrollment configuration.
- If you do not want to use the default activation profile, create an activation profile and assign it to devices registered inAppleDEP. InUsers > Apple DEP devices, select the devices registered to the same DEP account and click . Select and assign the profile.
- During device activation, users may be prompted for a username and password. Choose how you want users to activate their devices:
- If you connectedUEMto your company directory, users can use their company directory usernames and passwords. Users must enter their usernames in the format domain\username (the credentials match your organization's domain and username variables (“%UserDomain%\%UserName%”).
- You can Assign a user to an iOS device. When you assign a user to the device inUEM, they are not prompted for a username or password during device activation.
- Distribute devices to users and have them complete the activation. After the activation completes, users must install and open theBlackBerry UEM Client.