Send an activation email to multiple users
You can send activation email messages to multiple users at once. When you send an activation email to multiple users, the activation password is autogenerated. The email is sent from the email address that you configured in the SMTP server settings.
- In the management console, on the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Select the check box beside each user that you want to send an activation email to.
- Click .
- In theActivation optiondrop-down list, do one of the following :
- If you want users to activate their devices with the activation profile that is currently assigned to them, selectDefault device activation.
- If you want to pair an activation password with a specific activation profile, selectDevice activation with specified activation profile. For more information about pairing activation passwords with activation profiles, see Allowing users to activate multiple devices with different activation types.
- In theActivation passworddrop-down list, selectAutogenerate device activation password and send email with activation instructions.
- To specify how long the activation password remains valid, change the activation period expiration.
- If you want the activation password to be valid only for one device activation, selectActivation period expires after the first device is activated.
- In theActivation email templatedrop-down list, select the email template that you want to use.