Activate an iOS or iPadOS device with Apple User Enrollment
AppleUser Enrollment is supported on devices running supported versions of
iPadOS. To activates devices with
AppleUser Enrollment, send the following activation instructions to device users.
- Verify that you received an activation email that has theQR CodeforAppleUser Enrollment. If you didn't receive the email, contact an administrator.
- If your device is already activated withBlackBerry UEM, you must deactivate your device.
- Uninstall theBlackBerry UEM Client.
- You must have anAppleID account that is managed through your organization.
- Your device must not be a supervised device. If your device is supervised, it is noted in the Settings app near yourAppleID.
- If Lockdown Mode is enabled on your device (iOSandiPadOS16 or later), you must disable it to activate the device. Lockdown Mode prevents the installation of configuration profiles which are required for activation. If necessary, you can enable Lockdown Mode after activation.
- Open the activation email that contains theQR CodeforAppleUser Enrollment. If theQR Codehas expired, you can request a new activation code fromBlackBerry UEM Self-Serviceor you can contact your administrator.
- On your device, open the Camera app and scan the QR code in the activation email. When you are prompted, tap the notification to open the URL inSafari.
- When you are prompted to download theUEMconfiguration profile, tapAllow.
- After the download is complete, tapClose.
- Go toSettings > General > Profile.
- TapUEM profile.
- On the User Enrollment screen, tapEnroll my iPhoneorEnroll my iPad.
- Type your passcode.
- Log in toAppleID using your managedAppleID credentials.
- If your administrator assigned theUEM Clientto you, tapInstallwhen prompted, or open Work Apps.
- To set up theUEM Client, open it and accept the license agreement. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the activation process.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, open theUEM Clientand tapAbout. In theActivated DeviceandCompliance Statussections, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.