Create a compliance profile
- If you define rules to restrict or allow specific apps, add those apps to the restricted apps list. For more information, see Add an app to the restricted app list. Note that this does not apply to built-in apps for supervisediOSdevices. To restrict built-in apps you must create a compliance profile and add the apps to the restricted app list in the profile. For more information, see iOS: Compliance profile settings.
- If you want to send an email notification to users when their devices are not compliant, edit the default compliance email, or create a new email template. For more information, see Create a template for compliance email notifications.
If you define rules for a jailbroken or rooted OS, restricted OS versions, or restricted device models, users will be unable to complete new activations for devices that are not compliant, regardless of the enforcement action that you set.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and profiles.
- ClickCompliance > Compliance.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the compliance profile.
- If you want to send a notification message to users when their devices become non-compliant, perform any of the following actions:
You can use variables to populate notifications with user, device, and compliance information. For more information, see Variables.
- In theEmail sent when violation is detecteddrop-down list, select an email template. To see the default compliance email, click Settings > General settings > Email templates.
- In theEnforcement intervaldrop-down list, select the frequency of compliance checks. This setting applies only toBlackBerry Dynamicscompliance checks. Note that you cannot configure the enforcement interval for non-BlackBerry Dynamicscompliance checks, which occur at regular intervals.
- ExpandDevice notification sent out when violation is detected. Edit the message if necessary.
- Click the tab for each device type in your organization and configure the appropriate values for each profile setting. For details about each profile setting, see Compliance profile settings.
If necessary, rank profiles.