Set an activation password and send an activation email message
You can set an activation password and send a user an activation email with the information required to activate one or more devices.
The email is sent from the email address that you configured in the SMTP server settings.
- On the menu bar, clickUsers > Managed devices.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the name of the user account.
- In the Activation details pane, clickSet activation password.
- In theActivation optiondrop-down list, selectDefault device activation.
- In theActivation passworddrop-down list, perform one of the following tasks:
- If you want to automatically generate a password, selectAutogenerate device activation password and send email with activation instructions. When you select this option, you must select an email template to send the information to the user.
- If you want to set an activation password for the user and, optionally, send an activation email, selectSet device activation password.
- Optionally, change the activation period expiration. The activation period expiration specifies how long the activation password remains valid.
- If you want the activation password to be valid only for one device activation, selectActivation period expires after the first device is activated.
- In theActivation email templatedrop-down list, select the email template that you want to use.