Create an activation profile
The activation profile displays device and activation type options that aren't supported in a dark site environment. When you create or update an activation profile, don't select unsupported options.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickPolicy > Activation.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- In theNumber of devices that a user can activatefield, specify the maximum number of devices the user can activate.
- In theDevice ownershipdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- SelectNot specifiedif some users activate personal devices and some users activate work devices.
- SelectWorkif most users activate work devices.
- SelectPersonalif most users activate their personal devices.
- Optionally, select an organization notice in theAssign organization noticedrop-down list. If you assign an organization notice, users that activateiOSdevices must accept the notice to complete the activation process.
- In theDevice types that users can activatesection, select the device types as required. Device types that you don't select aren't included in the activation profile and users can't activate those devices.
- Perform the following actions for each device type included in the activation profile:
- Click the tab for the device type.
- In theDevice model restrictionsdrop-down list, select one of the following options:
If you restrict the device models users can activate, clickEditto select the devices you want to allow or restrict and clickSave.
- No restrictions: Users can activate any device model.
- Allow selected device models: Users can activate only the device models that you specify. Use this option to limit the allowed devices to only some models.
- Do not allow selected device models: Users can't activate the device models that you specify. Use this option to block activation of some device models or devices from specific manufacturers.
- In theMinimum allowed versiondrop-down list, select the minimum allowed OS version.Many older OS versions are no longer supported byBlackBerry UEM. You only need to select a minimum version if you don't want to support the earliest version currently supported byBlackBerry UEM. For more information on supported versions, see the Compatability Matrix.
- Select the supported activation types.ForSamsung Knoxdevices, you can select multiple activation types and rank them. For all other device types, you can select only one activation type.
- ForiOSdevices, if you only want to activate supervised devices, selectDo not allow unsupervised devices to activate
- ForSamsungdevices, perform the following actions:
- If you selected more than one activation type type, click the up and down arrows to rank them.
- If you selected anAndroid Enterpriseactivation type, selectWhen activating Android Enterprise devices, enable premium UEM functionality such as BlackBerry Secure Connect Plusto enableKnoxPlatform for Enterprise features.
- DeselectAdd Google Play account to work space.This feature isn't supported in a dark site environment.
- In theHardware attestation optionssection, selectEnforce attestation compliance rules during activationif you wantBlackBerry UEMto send challenges to devices when they are activated to ensure the required security patch level is installed.