Activate an Android Enterprise device
These instructions apply to
Work space only) or (
Work and personal - full control) activation types. For these devices, the device must be set to factory default settings before starting the activation.
Work and personal - user privacy) activations, follow the instructions to Activate a Samsung Knox Workspace device.
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- On the device that you want to activate, if you do not see the device setup Welcome screen, reset your device to the factory default settings.
- Tap the device screen seven times.A QR Code reader opens on the device.
- Scan the QR code provided to you by your administrator.
- Specify the information to connect to your work Wi-Fi network, including thePAC web addressprovided by your administrator.The device installs theBlackBerry UEM Clientand begins the activation process. The activation process takes several minutes.
- Respond to any prompts on the device, including providing the activation password if requested, accepting any License Agreements, setting up a work profile and creating a device password.
- If necessary, depending on your server configuration, when the activation pauses, connect the device to a computer on your network using a USB-C cable before continuing.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, openUEM Client. TapAbout. In theActivated Devicesection, verify that the device information and the activation time stamp are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.