When you upgrade
BEMS, you upgrade the existing services only. During the upgrade process you cannot add, change, or remove services. During the upgrade process, notifications are suspended. The
Windowsevent logs, and the database record the upgrade as
BEMSbeing in maintenance mode. After the upgrade is complete, the log files, event logs, and database show
BEMSas being in upgraded mode. A restart of the computer might be required. For more information, see Standard InstallAnywhere Variables.
If you installed the
BEMSservices on separate computers, complete this task on each computer that you installed a service on. Depending on the services that you install on the computer, some steps might not apply.
- Make sure you log in with theBEMSservice account you created to installBEMS.
- Verify that you have the password for theBEMSservice account.
- Stop theGood Technology Common Serviceson each computer in the cluster that hostsBEMS.
- If you upgradeBEMSin a cluster environment, back up theBEMScluster database.
- Log in to the computer that hostsBEMSusing yourBEMSservice account.
- Copy the installation files to the computer.
- Extract the contents to a folder on the computer.
- In theGoodEnterpriseMobilityServer installationinstallation folder, complete one of the following tasks:
Windowsmessage appears and requests permission forGoodEnterpriseMobilityServer.<to make changes to the computer, clickversion number>.exeYes. If a supported version ofJavaisn't installed on the computer that you are installingBEMSor the JAVA_HOME system variable isn't specified correctly, the error messageCould not find a valid Java virtual machine to load. You may need to reinstall a supported java virtual machine. For more information on prerequisite requirements, see the Preinstallation checklists. For instructions on setting the JAVA_HOME system variable, see Configure the Java Runtime Environment.
- If you use an OpenJDK JRE, double-clickInstallBEMS.bat.
- If you useOracle'sJava, double-clickGoodEnterpriseMobilityServer.<.version number>.exe
- In theBlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Server v<screen, in theversion number> setupIntroductiondialog box, selectUpgrade. ClickNext.
- In theLicense Agreementdialog box, selectI accept the terms of the License Agreement.
- In theServicesdialog box, clickNext
- In thePrerequisitedialog box, clickNext.If the Prerequisite dialog box displays a warning that a prerequisite is not met, you must cancel the upgrade and complete the prerequisites before you can continue with the upgrade.
- In theHost informationdialog box, complete one of the following actions:
- SelectUse previously installed certificateto accept the default values and keep the existing certificate.
- SelectAccept these values for Hostname and Domain, to create the certificate forBEMS.
- SelectModify these values, and enter the new hostname and domain.
- In theChoose Install Folderdialog box, clickNextto accept the default installation folder location.
- In theChoose Logs Folderdialog box, clickNextto accept the default log file folder location.
- In theAdministration Informationdialog box, type the password for theBEMSservice account. ClickNext.
- In theAD User Credentialsdialog box, enter the existingBEMSservice account login credentials to access theBEMSDashboard. ClickNext.
- In theDatabase Informationdialog box, verify theBEMS-Coreservice database information to connect to theMicrosoft SQL Server. ClickNext.
- In theConnect Administrator Informationdialog box, enter theBEMS-Connectservice account password. ClickNext.
- In theConnect Database Informationdialog box, verifiy theBEMS-Connectdatabase information to connect to theMicrosoft SQL Server. ClickNext.
- In thePresence Administrator Informationdialog box, enter theBEMS-Presenceservice account password. ClickNext.
- In theDocs Database Informationdialog box, verify theBEMS-Docsdatabase information to connect to theMicrosoft SQL Server. ClickNext.If your environment uses AlwaysOn with multi-subnet deployment, in theAdditional Propertiesfield, typeMultiSubnetFailover=true.
- In thePre-installation Summarydialog box, clickInstallto installBEMS.
- In theUpgrade Completedialog box, complete the following actions:
- ClickNextwhen theBEMS-Mailupgrade is complete.
- ClickNextwhen theBEMS-Connectupgrade is complete.
- ClickNextwhen theBEMS-Presenceupgrade is complete.
- ClickNextwhen theBEMS-Docsupgrade is complete.
- If you upgraded from a version ofBEMSearlier than 2.10 and didn't specify the upload credentials during a previous installation or in the Dashboard, you are prompted in theInstalling, Upload Credentialsdialog box to provide yourBlackBerryOnline Portal credentials, cluster name and domain name. ClickNext.Providing this information allowsBlackBerryto collect statistical information (for example, the version ofBEMSthat is installed) and makes uploading theBEMSlogs toBlackBerry Technical Support Serviceseasy. For more information aboutBEMSstatistics, see 'Enable upload of BEMS statistics' in theBEMS-Coreconfiguration content. Complete one of the following steps:
- ClickOKto enter your credentials. The credentials prepopulate the Upload BEMS Statistics and Log Upload Credentials in the dashboard. For more information, see 'Log Upload Credentials' in theBEMS-Coreconfiguration content.
- ClickSkipto continue with the installation. If theAllow BEMS to send statistics information to BlackBerrycheck box is selected and you provide the credentials in the 'Log Upload Credentials' in the dashboard, the 'Upload of BEMS statistics' settings are configured automatically.
- In theUpgrade Completedialog box, complete the following steps:
- Verify that theStart BEMS servicescheckbox is selected. If you clear theStart BEMS servicescheckbox, theBEMSinstaller stops theGood Technology Common Services.
- If you are prompted to restart the computer. SelectYes, restart my systemorNo, I will restart my system myself.
BEMSDashboard opens at https://localhost:8443/dashboard.