Export the CA-signed certificate and private key from the Microsoft Management Console
Export the certificate from the
MicrosoftManagement Console (MMC). Make sure to include the private key and save it as a .pfx file. For more information, visit docs.microsoft.com and read 'Export a Certificate with the Private Key'
Verify that you created a CA-signed certificate for the local computer account to use on multiple
BEMSinstances running the
Presenceservices. For instructions on creating a CA-signed certificate using automatic enrollment, see Create a Personal Certificate for the local computer account for BEMS. For instructions on creating a CA-signed certificate using a CSR, see Create a CSR for the local computer account for BEMS.
- On the computer that hostsBEMS, open theMicrosoftManagement Console.
- Right-click the personal certificate that you created and clickAll Tasks > Export.
- In theCertificate Export Wizard, selectYes, export the private key.
- Verify that theInclude all certificates in the certification path if possiblecheck box is selected. Clear the other check boxes.
- Select the appropriate security method and enter the required security information. ClickNext.If you select Groups and users, make sure that you log on to theBEMSinstance where the certificate will be imported as the user or member of that group.
- ClickBrowseto specify a name for the certificate and save it to your desktop.