Create a device SR requirements profile for Samsung Knox devices
Depending on the wireless service provider that a device uses, E-FOTA updates may not be available. Some wireless service providers (for example,
Verizon) use their own systems to manage wireless updates.
Verify that an E-FOTA license has been added to
BlackBerry UEM. To use E-FOTA, you must select the
Androidglobal "Allow OTA updates" rule in the associated IT policy in the
BlackBerry UEMmanagement console.
- On the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- ClickCompliance > Device SR requirements.
- Click .
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- In theSamsung device firmware ruletable, click .
- SelectApply restriction to all Android devicesto allowAndroid OSupdates to be applied toSamsungdevices.
- In theDevice modelfield, enter the device model or select one from the drop-down list.
- In theLanguagedrop-down list, select a language.
- In theCarrier codefield, enter the CSC code for the wireless service provider for the device.
- ClickGet firmware version.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 for each firmware rule that you want to add.
- When you are done, clickAdd.
- In theSamsung device firmware rulestable, clickSchedulebeside the firmware version you added.
- In theSchedule forced updatedialog box, do the following (Note: If you select the Schedule forced update option, the Knox device is no longer restricted to the firmware version and you can manually update it if a later version is available.):
- In theSchedule forced update betweenfields, select a date range when the update must be installed. The date range must be between 3 and 7 days. The default value is 7 days.
- In theSchedule forced update during the hours ofdrop-down lists, specify when the forced update must be installed and the time zone for the user. The time range must be between 1 and 12 hours.
If necessary, rank profiles.