Replace the default splash screen for inactive apps
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp becomes inactive, a
BlackBerrybranded splash screen is displayed by default. You can use either of the following methods to replace the default splash screen with a custom splash screen:
- Replace the splash screen at build-time:In your app’s plist file, add a value using the key UILaunchStoryboardName. TheBlackBerry Dynamics Runtimewill try to instantiate a splash screen from the storyboard with this name. By default, the name inXcodewill be LaunchScreen.
- Replace the splash screen at runtime:Customize the splash screen during the life-cycle of the app (for example, to handle the user experience for specific system events) by using the class GDSplashScreenCustomizer.h and its associated delegate. This class allows you to replace the splash screen with a custom view controller. Follow the instructions below to create an app specific policy so theUEMadministrator can enable or disable the custom splash screen.
- Create aBlackBerry Dynamicsapp policy definition file for your app. For implementation details and more information about the file format and elements, see the Application Policies Definition appendix in the API Reference and the BlackBerry Dynamics App Policies Technical Brief.
- Add a setting definition for the custom splash screen policy. Specify a name for the key, for exampleBD_SDK_AllowCustomSplashScreen. The default value should befalse.Example:<setting name="BD_SDK_AllowCustomSplashScreen"> <checkbox> <key>BD_SDK_AllowCustomSplashScreen</key> <label>Allow app to display custom splash screens replacing the default</label> <value>false</value> </checkbox> </setting>
- Include the custom splash screen policy setting in the structural section of the file.Example:<pview type="tabbed"> <title>BlackBerry Dynamics Features</title> <pview> <heading>Custom Splash Screens</heading> <desc>Describe the custom splash screen feature and what data is displayed on the custom splash screens.</desc> <pe ref="BD_SDK_AllowCustomSplashScreen" /> </pview> </pview>
- Coordinate with theUEMadministrator to upload the app policy for your app inUEM. See Manage settings for a BlackBerry Dynamics apps (App configuration > Upload a template). The administrator can now enable the custom splash screen feature.