Integrate CylancePERSONA with a BlackBerry
If you previously integrated the separate
BlackBerry AnalyticsSDK with your
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp, after you upgrade to use SDK version 8.0, do the following to remove the previous integration:
- RemoveBAFBlackberryAnalytics.frameworkfrom the Link Binary With Libraries build phase.
- RemoveBAFBlackberryAnalyticsAssets.bundlefrom the Copy Bundle Resources build phase.
- Remove the following method calls within your project:
- Change the import for theBAFBlackberryAnalytics.hheader from#import <BAFBlackberryAnalytics/BAFBlackberryAnalytics.h>to#import <GD/BAFBlackberryAnalytics.h>.
- In your implementation of theAppDelegate, import the headerBAFBlackberryAnalytics.h.
- In the app targetCapabilities, enableAccess WiFi Information.
- It is recommended that you add the following usage descriptions (or your own custom descriptions) to theInfo.plistfile to inform the user why the app requires location permission:
- NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription: "Allow BlackBerry to collect location data, including Wi-Fi address and IP address, and usage patterns only when the app is in use. You may change this setting at any time from your device settings."
- NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription: "Always allow BlackBerry to collect location data, including Wi-Fi address and IP address, and usage patterns, even when the app is not in use. You may change this setting at any time from your device settings."
- NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription: "Allow BlackBerry to collect location data, including Wi-Fi address and IP address, and usage patterns both when the app is and is not in use. You may change this setting at any time from your device settings."
- Add the following Persona flag metadata to theInfo.plistfile under the ROOT <dict> tag:<dict> <key>BlackBerryDynamics</key> <dict> <key>EnableBlackBerryPersona</key> <true/> </dict> </dict>
- In the Settings or Preferences section of your app UI, add a menu item called “BlackBerry Persona Settings” that calls the following method:BAFBlackberryAnalytics.displaySISsettings.This method triggers theBlackBerry Dynamics Runtimeto display a screen that prompts the user to opt in or opt out ofCylancePERSONAusing the user’s location and IP address data when assessing the user’s risk level.This is a mandatory legal requirement to ensure that the end user can choose whether to allowCylancePERSONAto collect and use data.