Activate a BlackBerry 10 device
Send the following activation instructions to the device user.
- On the device, navigate toSettings.
- If you have existing accounts on this device, tapAdd Account. Otherwise, continue to Step 4.
- TapEmail, Calendar and Contacts.
- Type your work email address and tapNext.
- In thePasswordfield, type the activation password you received. TapNext.
- If you receive a warning that your device could not look up connection information, complete the following steps:
- TapWork Account.
- In theServer Addressfield, type the server address. You can find the server address in the activation email message you received or inBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the activation process.
To verify that the activation process completed successfully, perform one of the following actions:
- On the device, navigate to theBlackBerry Huband confirm that the email address is present. Navigate to the Calendar and confirm that the appointments are present.
- InBlackBerry UEM Self-Service, verify that your device is listed as an activated device. It can take up to two minutes for the status to update after you activate the device.
- Verify theBlackBerry 2FAapp automatically downloaded and installed on the user's device by checking their workspace. If not, theBlackBerry 2FAapp can be downloaded fromBlackBerry Worldfor Work.