Create an activation profile to register unmanaged devices with BlackBerry 2FA
Complete the following task to create an activation profile for users with devices that are not managed by
BlackBerry UEM. These devices must be registered through
BlackBerry UEMso that they can be used with
BlackBerry 2FA. This activation type applies only to
- In theBlackBerry UEMmanagement console, on the menu bar, clickPolicies and Profiles.
- Click besideActivation.
- Type a name and description for the profile.
- In theNumber of devices that a user can activatefield, specify the maximum number of devices the user can activate.
- In theDevice ownershipdrop-down list, perform one of the following actions:
- If some users activate personal devices and some users activate work devices, selectNot specified.
- If users typically activate work devices, selectWork.
- If users typically activate personal devices, selectPersonal.
- Optionally, select an organization notice in theAssign organization noticedrop-down list. If you assign an organization notice, users that activateiOSdevices must accept the notice to complete the activation.
- In theDevice types that users can activatesection, select theiOSandAndroiddevice types.
- Click theiOSorAndroidtab and complete the following actions:
- In theDevice model restrictionsdrop-down list, select whether to allow only specified devices, or have no restrictions on device types. If you choose an option other thanNo restrictions, clickEdit, select the devices you want to restrict or allow, and clickSave.
- In theAllowed versiondrop-down list, select the minimum allowed version.
- In theActivation typesection, selectDevice registration for BlackBerry 2FA only.