Enable the message scanning feature
You enable the message scanning feature in the
CylancePROTECT Mobileapp to allow it to scan incoming SMS messages for potentially malicious URLs. Only URLs in the messages are assessed.
iOSdevices, only messages from unknown senders (contacts that are not on the device's contact list) are scanned. Messages that contain potentially malicious URLs are filtered to the junk folder.
Androiddevices, all messages from known contacts and unknown senders are scanned. Messages that contain potentially malicious URLs are listed in the
CylancePROTECT Mobileapp but you must delete them manually in the default messaging app.
- On your mobile device, do one of the following:DeviceStepsiOS
These instructions can also be found in theCylancePROTECT Mobileapp fromDevice Health>Message scanning.If you are using theiMessageapp, enable theSend as SMSoption in the app.Android
- Open theSettingsapp.
- Navigate toMessages>Message Filtering>Unknown & Spam.
- In theMessage Filteringsection, enable theFilter Unknown Senderssetting.
- In theSMS Filteringsection, tapProtect.
- In theCylancePROTECT Mobileapp, tapDevice Health.
- TapMessage scanningto expand it.
- Enable the message scanning feature.
- On theAllow message scanningscreen, tapAllow.
CylancePROTECT Mobileapp, the "Scanning enabled" status message displays.